Sunday, March 25, 2007

Mourning Milton

Just a few quotes from my ideological hero, Milton Friedman, who passed away last November.
"The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom."

"I'm in favor of legalizing drugs. According to my values system, if people want to kill themselves, they have every right to do so. Most of the harm that comes from drugs is because they are illegal."

“I am favor of cutting taxes under any circumstances and for any excuse, for any reason, whenever it's possible.”

And perhaps my favorite
"Only government can take perfectly good paper, cover it with perfectly good ink and make the combination worthless. "
That's why I have a picture of an economist hanging in my living room.

No comments: