Tuesday, June 12, 2007

I don't mean to quote O'Reilly

but I couldn't think of any phrase other than "The Most Ridiculous Item of the Day," when I read that China is drafting space law.

We have to "effectively protect the space environment." I laughed out loud reading that. First: is the space environment in any danger, I kind of figured that there might be a slight difference between the relatively scarce area on this planet and, oh, THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE! Okay, so fragments in orbit around our planet are a danger to other space traffic. If so, perhaps China can "increase international cooperation" by not blowing stuff up and creating those dangerous fragments. That might help the situation.

Second, um, since when is China concerned about any kind of environment?

Perhaps China just wants to be ahead of the curve when we and the Vulcans finally form The United Federation of Planets.

No comments: