Friday, June 8, 2007

I'm new to this

So I think the guy at Banana Republic was flirting with me, but I am not sure.

He works there, and is the only one who doesn't have a really femme-y voice. Indeed, he could easily be straight, which is why I am confused.

Despite looking and sounding straight (which makes him all the more attractive to me) there are some questionable indicators. First, he did mention being a fashion major (stereotype, I know, but really--fashion major, that's kind of a big clue!). Also, the first time I went into his store, he said I looked familiar (which is a lame pick-up line men use, mostly without success, on women). Afterwards he explained this familiarity by saying I looked like some actor, but he couldn't remember his name (riiiight). Then the second time I went in the store he remembered me (albeit it was only a week later, but I used to work retail, and I rarely recognized repeat customers until about the fourth or fifth time). When I was in the dressing room, he checked on me not once but twice. Then after I had made my purchases, (another sales person checked me out, I think the maybe-flirting guy is like a manager or something) he asked my name and told me his name (which is Josh).

So, is this flirting, or is it trying to get me to spend $300 in the store (which I did)?

2 comments:

Icon said...

Both!

Lesson #2: Spend $100 on each of THREE visits to the store. ("And Josh, are you here this time each week?")

Michael-in-Norfolk said...

Sounds like flirting to me. Especially the part where he says you look like an actor (especially if the actor's hot). Although I am not the best judge: I have been accused of being oblivious to guys flirting with me - but the b/f usually picks up on it!